Do you enjoy being alone?
Being alone as a life form
There are more and more people who prefer to live alone and enjoy their single existence. The American name for such people is “Quirkyalone”. They are singles out of conviction.
Although not averse to the core idea of a relationship, they prefer to stay alone instead of actively seeking a partner.
Over time, these ideas developed into a personality of their own.
The diverse group of people who identify with this lifestyle (whether married, single, divorced or widowed) has grown rapidly.
A new set of views on relationships that originated in the US, therefore, carries different American names: Quirkyalone, Quirkyslut (sexual gratification drives satisfaction) and Quirkytogether (the quirkyalone lifestyle within a long-term and solid love relationship).
Quirkyalones enjoy being alone
A quirky balloon is not against love. He also does not mind casual dating, but he hates the compulsively fixed dating. Although quirkyalones enjoy being alone, sometimes even need it, and long for it, yet they are not solitary. They usually have a large circle of friends and most of them value friendships. They are part of a growing population in our society, which lives with joy, without the real need for a solid relationship.
In fact, these passionate singles see no reason to engage in active dating because of sexual desires.
Their contacts are based on a friendly level, without the need for a primary relationship. For a variety of reasons, their need for independence stands in the foreground, which precludes the need for a solid partnership.
This development even produced a feast day. The International Quirkyalone Day (of course, February 14th) is a do-it-yourself holiday of romance, friendship, and liberal thought.
The fact that the use of old terms such as “old maid” and “bachelor” more and more disappears from the language jargon of our society, the relatively new umbrella term “Quirkyalone” quite good chances to establish itself.
Regardless of their way of thinking and attitude, not feeling the urge to form a strong relationship, these people’s simple message to the rest of the world is to understand and accept this way of life.
Do the little QUIRKYALONE test!
ARE YOU A “QUIRKYALONE”?
Have you ever asked yourself why you enjoy being alone and why it is not necessarily your life’s goal to live in a committed relationship?
Answer the following 10 questions with yes or no to see how “Quirkyalone” you are.
- You have the gift of self-reflection.
- You are thrilled with a successful and interesting life with or without a partner.
- You build up a select circle of friends and hold it upright.
- Life is a great adventure for you.
- You advocate the idea of finding a partner, but not necessarily to have sex.
- You prefer to be alone in a relationship and remember yourself.
- You feel the general urge within you to abandon the given paths of culture or society, to realize yourself either through art, business, literature, social engagement or otherwise.
- You recognize the way society sets patterns of happiness, especially romantic love, and believe that these approaches are wrong.
- You have ever had an insight or foretaste of a great relationship or encounter that has reinforced your desire to be open to a similar experience again.
- Your talent to analyze love songs is like your vulnerability to them.
0 – 3 “Yes” – answers:
Sorry, but you are not a quirky balloon. You should register with an Internet dating agency and contact singles from your area.
4 – 6 “Yes” – answers:
You are a quirkyalone borderline case. Which means that you can still live with another almost quirkyalone guy and form a quirkyalone partnership. Or maybe you just want to sleep in your own room while your partner sleeps in another room.
7 – 10 “Yes” – answers:
You are definitely a quirky balloon. Instead of referring to a person, you will spend your life with all who are worth it. Your personal freedom is especially important to you, and a classic style relationship is not your thing. You are in contact with other people in a growing part of society who, as singles of conviction, make their lives.