7 Little Known Ways to GREATNESS
Find the field in which you are most interested; study the lives of those who have achieved greatness in your particular field, then choose your gift and act!
With the dream within your mind, you are half-way on the road to achievement, but you must act to materialize your dream.
The Chinese have a saying, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step.” The first step of choosing what you want, letting your desires guide you to the path you wish to take, is probably one of the most important that you can take in applying our Million Dollar Secret to your own life and success.
Step by Step to Greatness
1. Pick the field you wish to specialize in; learn all you can about it, study the lives of the persons who have had outstanding success in that field, then strive to emulate their pattern of thinking.
If you wish to be a doctor, study the lives of great scientists and specialists in medicine; if it is law you are interested in, become acquainted with the lives of the great lawyers of the past, and see how they succeeded. If you want to become a great scientist, an architect, inventor, or industrialist, make it a point to study their lives, see how they accomplished their great things, then emulate them.
2. Each day strive to put into action one or more of the qualities or traits that you have learned from the lives of great people. Imitate these thoughts, if you need be, at first, then you will gradually begin to originate great thoughts and actions of your own.
3. Take specialized training to perfect your gifts and talents. Assemble facts about the work you choose; see the good and bad sides, then, if you are still interested, let no one divert you from your goal.
4. Let what I call Discontent motivate you in your desire to achieve perfection. Never be satisfied with your present accomplishments or progress. When you are satisfied you cease to grow. Everything in nature is in a constant state of flux, from an imperfect to a more perfect state. Constantly desire change and evolvement, for this is the Law of Action that will help you constantly evolve higher and higher in the future.
5. Aim for the stars, even though you may not achieve them. At least such an ambitious mind will assure you of reaching some kind of high goal. The incentive for aiming high must come from within, your desire to achieve greatness. Browning said, “Ah, but a man‘s reach should exceed his grasp, / Or what‘s a heaven for?”
6. Create a vortex of mental activity about yourself. Break the inertia which may be holding you back by doing something, almost anything is preferable to sitting back and refusing to make an effort. There is a law in nature which states, “Action and reaction,” “Cause and Effect.” When you set some action into motion, it must have an instantaneous reaction. There is no cause without its corresponding effect. If you make up your mind you are going to achieve something like playing the piano or doing touch typing, you can hold this idea in mind forever and yet if you do not take some step by action, you will never acquire facility in that field.
7. Never be satisfied with the limitations that life seems to have placed on you and your expression of your talents. Remember, all great people had to break the mould of negativity and limitation to achieve their dreams. The power is within your mind to rise as high as you aspire. If you lack the education, look about you for the means to improve your mind and acquire knowledge. Our vast libraries are filled with the priceless wisdom of the ages; go there and learn how to use your library to best advantage. These are correspondence courses you may take in the privacy of your own home, from high school to college subjects, that can help improve your mind and prepare you for a better position. There are extension courses for adults in all universities, night classes in high school and college‘ you need never say that you do not have an opportunity to obtain sufficient education to achieve your goal.
P.S. If you liked this post then you’ll like my books as well. You can get them on Amazon.